Amusement Park Kit
Amusement Park Physics Kit (15 Pack)
Amusement Park Physics Kit (ME-9426A)
Construct your own accelerometers and see the physics of the ride.
Developed with the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT)
- Vertical and horizontal accelerometers
- Complete kit for 15 students
Investigate almost any type of ride -- from thrill rides at an amusement park to an elevator or playground ride. These simple accelerometers give the student a low-cost means of quantifying the acceleration they experience.
The PASCO Amusement Park Physics Kit is the only kit that is:
- Approved by the safety officers of major amusement parks across the USA.
- Student-tested in amusement parks by hundreds of schools.
- Teacher-tested in hundreds of Amusement Park Physics Workshops.
- Made with a metal coil spring for the Vertical Accelerometer (far more accurate than the commonly used rubber band).
- Supporting physics education (for each set sold, $2.50 is donated to the AAPT).
Can't make it to an amusement park?
Free ready-to-use experiments for investigating more local rides.
- Merry go round
Here's what you'll need
- Amusement Park Physics Kit (ME-9426A)
Includes materials for constructing 15 vertical accelerometers and 15 horizontal accelerometers, plus a ball of twine for making simple tape measures. Also comes with instructions, experiment manual, and plastic bags to protect the equipment.
- Amusement Park Physics Handbook (SE-8740)
Produced by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), this handbook gives teachers helpful information on their "Physics Day" at an amusement park. Includes teacher guide, practice problems, measurement booklet, student workbook and resources.
Other materials required:
- Masking Tape
- Clear Plastic Tape